Personal Information Protection Policy
VeriServe Corporation has a social responsibility to fulfill as a company which provides system verification service. Accordingly, we respect the value of the information we handle, and always strive to properly manage and protect that information. In addition, we recognize the importance of the protection of personal information and shall implement the following measures.
- 1.We shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information, guidelines and standards set by the government, and adapt our personal information protection management system to comply with them.
- 2.We have established a personal information protection management system (a management system which confirms and reviews personal information protection policies, framework, plans, implementation, and operation) which is compliant with JIS Q 15001, and will implement, maintain, and continuously improve this system.
- 3.We shall establish an organizational management system for the protection of personal information in consideration of the contents and scale of the business. We shall take sufficient measures to ensure proper handling of personal information and comply with the prescribed rules and regulations when collecting, using and providing personal information, and shall not use it for purposes other than the intended purpose.
- 4.We take all necessary and relevant measures for managing the security of personal information, and prevents or corrects any divulgation, damage, or loss of personal information.
- 5.We will respond appropriately and quickly to any complaints or questions about personal information, and strive to resolve any problems which may arise.
Established: March 16, 2005
Revised: July 21, 2020
- VeriServe Corporation
Chief Executive Officer
- Yoshiyuki Shinbori
About VeriServe Corporation’s handling of personal information
In addition to adhering to the Personal Information Protection Policy, we comply with the items below concerning the handling of personal information. When collecting any personal information from customers, we will make clear the purpose of use and provision of this information before obtaining it. Collected personal information will only be used for the purposes stated in advance when obtaining personal information from customers. If it becomes necessary to use personal information for any purpose other than those stated at the time of collection, we will obtain the person's consent and complete the necessary procedures.
Purposes of use
We will use personal information for the following purposes. Please note that if any purposes of use are notified or announced separately, these purposes of use will also apply.
|Type of personal information||Purposes of use|
|Personal information of our customers||
|Personal information of our business partners and individual temporary workers||
|Personal information of employees (including applicants for employment and ex-employees)||
*1）The group companies shall mean companies in which twenty percent (20%) or more of the voting rights of the total shareholders is owned, directly or indirectly, by SCSK Corporation and SCSK Corporation .
*2）If personal information is provided by a person under the age of 16, we ask for the approval of their parent or guardian.
*3） Personal information shall include the personal information that we receive or acquire through exchanging business cards.
Subcontracting of personal information
There may be a case where we subcontract part of the business to a subcontractor for the purpose of smooth running of business, and disclose personal information to such subcontractor within the scope required for such purpose. In such an event, we will appoint a subcontractor who meets the standards established by us and will enter into an agreement with such subcontractor and/or appropriately supervise the subcontractor concerning the handling of personal information.
Telephone call recording
Telephone calls may be recorded to ensure that our telephone service is being conducted correctly.
Disclosure or provision to a third party
We will not disclose or provide personal information to any third party other than a subcontractor, or unless it is used in any of the following cases. (In case where personal information includes the Individual Number, we will not disclose or provide it to any third party, unless it is used in the following items 3,4 and 5 ):
- 1.Prior consent has been received from the person;
- 2.Personal information is necessary for response to the customer’s inquiry or for work tasks such as after-service concerning our products and services;
- 3.Disclosure of personal information becomes necessary for protection of the life, body, or property of anybody and it is impossible to obtain the person's consent;
- 4.We must cooperate with governmental agencies or local public entities in their performance of affairs provided for in laws or ordinances and there is a possibility that their performance will be impeded if we try to obtain your consent;
- 5.Disclosure or provision of personal information is requested by law
VeriServe may send customers information on the products or services of our company or our group companies which we believe may be beneficial to the customer, via e-mail or post. If you do not wish to receive such e-mails or letters, please contact us and we will cease such correspondence.
Complaint about the handling of personal information or request for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, or removal of personal information
A complaint about the handling of personal information or a request for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc. concerning one’s personal information obtained by us should be directed to any of the relevant desks listed below by clicking the “Inquiry” button. Complete the form that appears and send it.
Such request will be dealt with within a reasonable period and scope after the sender’s identity has been confirmed as the person or their agent. Please be aware that there may be a case where we cannot meet a request for suspension of use or removal concerning personal information owned by us pursuant to any applicable law. Please also be aware that requests for “disclosure” or “notice of purposes of use” may incur processing fees.
Chief Privacy Protection Officer
Senior Executive Officer
Inquiries about personal information
VeriServe Corporation Personal Information Inquiry Counter
This English translation is made for reference purpose only.If there are any discrepancies between Japanese and English, the content in Japanese language shall prevail.