Comprehensive Support Service for Field Test Evaluation
Our Comprehensive Support Service for Field Test Evaluation is a one-stop offering for systems that require field tests in autonomous driving (AD) and advanced driver assistant systems (ADAS). In response to the continuous progress of AD/ADAS systems, we always provide total support for improving the quality of development work for a wide range of products and services.
Four Reasons for Choosing This Service
- POINT1 We utilize our own proprietary systems that helps with designing routes to provide comprehensive support.
- POINT2 We have extensive experience in field tests using real vehicles in 25 countries worldwide.
- POINT3 We give support in all areas of evaluation work for vehicle-application connections while operating from many different perspectives. For example, we use real vehicles to verify compatibility and connectivity with smartphone apps.
- POINT4 We can flexibly handle and respond to sudden changes, such as if field tests need to be rescheduled due to delays in development, or if test routes need to be redesigned due to natural disasters or bad weather.
Background behind the Launch of This Service
Competition is growing fierce regarding the development of systems used in AD/ADAS, with new systems being launched to the market at a regular pace. Research and development efforts continue to improve as well. As a result, there is a huge number of complex software applications installed in every single vehicle. In light of these trends, the human-vehicle interface in the cockpit (in and around the driver seat) has also become more sophisticated. System verification and evaluation work is often conducted within a virtual simulation, but there is an increasing need to carry out field tests using real vehicles on public roads to ensure reliability. With a growing trend for information to be displayed digitally in vehicles, there is a need to verify quality in terms of visibility, operability, and convenience of mobility, as well as comfort in the cockpit. However, it is difficult for clients to carry out field tests using real vehicles as it requires considerable effort and resources to arrange for test drivers, to design routes, and to manage the field test.
Comments from AD/ADAS software manufacturers
What companies needs in field tests
The Comprehensive Support Service for Field Test Evaluation from VeriServe Is Here to Help
Based on an analysis of your requirements, we will design routes and create a plan for driving, and we will also arrange for vehicles, drivers, and engineers. We offer total support to boost the level of quality in development work for a wide range of products and services, such as by checking the functionality of on-board devices and related applications while driving real vehicles equipped with multiple devices on public roads at home and abroad.
Service Flow: Example with Vehicle Camera Sensors
(1) Abundant achievements that supported the design of optimal routes
We provide comprehensive support by our proprietary systems: the FT Map System※1 that helps with designing drive routes, and TREES※2 that integrates different aspects for evaluation.
(2) Extensive track record in drive-testing at home and abroad
We boast a strong track record in field tests using real vehicles in 25 countries around the world. We can also assign Japanese engineers who can communicate in English to undertake work, as this is required when checking the functionality of on-board devices or evaluating the cockpit and related applications from overseas suppliers.
(3) Comprehensive evaluation support for linking connected platforms with vehicles
We provide comprehensive evaluation*3 support while working from a broad range of perspectives to link vehicles with applications, such as in the following areas:
- Evaluating on-board devices using real vehicles
- Evaluating performance in a real vehicle linked to a connected platform and a smartphone (end-to-end testing)
- Verifying the compatibility between a smartphone app and a cockpit display audio (DA) system installed in a vehicle
- Verifying connectivity with smartphones that support CarPlay (CP)※4 or Android Auto (AA)※5
- Benchmark testing for BT/BLE※6 connections
(4) Proven flexible response
It is vital to handle and respond to a wide range of sudden and unexpected events (risks) that may occur throughout the process, such as rescheduling due to delays in development, redesigning test routes due to natural disasters or bad weather, and re-collecting data due to issues with recognizing road signs for obstructions. We flexibly respond to many different events that pose the hazard of delaying the entire project.
(5) Continued service updates in line with the advancement of IT
We update location data on charging stations as EVs gain popularity. We also work to update fleet management and safe driving measures, we collect and accumulate data for on-board devices, and we quickly adopt new guidelines and directions set through the activities of relevant organizations. Through these efforts, we expand and improve our services to help our clients always keep up-to-date with activities for boosting quality.
※1 We developed the FT Map System as a proprietary offering that provides support in designing routes for driving. It features a knowledge base of location data (such as the number of lanes in roads, and EV charging stations) that we created through our past efforts in field tests with real vehicles.
※2 We developed TREES as a proprietary tool to help with designing tests. It includes our perspectives from past tests as abstract, structured knowledge.
※3 We cater to a wide range of requirements outside of the areas listed here, including work to evaluate the system based on the UI/UX of the cockpit as a whole (e.g., visibility, convenience, and comfort), log data collection, sensor data collection, and annotating collected sensor data.
※4 CarPlay (CP): A standard developed by Apple for using a car display to connect with and control an iPhone. To use this application, the iPhone needs to be connected to the vehicle via a Lightning cable or Bluetooth.
※5 Android Auto (AA): An application developed by Google that optimize an Android terminal to in-vehicle use.
※6 BT/BLE： Short for Bluetooth / Bluetooth Low Energy.
All product names, company names, service names, and logos in this page are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.